The quest for better skin is something that many people can relate to. Dermaplaning is a highly effective option that can tackle some of the most difficult skin imperfections out there. Not only does it remove dead skin cells and other impurities, but it also gets rid of the fine hairs that can collect dirt and oil. This treatment may be just what you’ve been looking for to achieve your goals for your skin.
What is Dermaplaning?
The dermaplaning process involves a special scalpel being used to expertly scrape off the top layer of your skin. As bizarre as this sounds, it is very safe and typically takes just minutes to accomplish. The sensation is compared to having your skin shaved. By removing everything on your face that you do not want, such as the peach fuzz and dead skin cells, fresh skin cell development can be stimulated.
What are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
This cosmetic treatment has been around for a very long time. It has remained popular because:
- Removing the peach fuzz from your face will allow for smoother makeup application.
- It involves no harsh chemicals that can irritate your skin.
- Your healthy skin is not damaged in any way.
- By thoroughly exfoliating your skin, you are allowing your skin care products to penetrate better.
- It removes the things that clog your pores and cause breakouts, such as dirt.
- By cleaning them out, dermaplaning reduces the appearance of pores.
- It makes your skin feel smooth and look bright.
- It helps to reduce the appearance of signs of aging.
- There is zero downtime after your treatment.
- Contrary to the myth, the facial hair will NOT grow back thicker or darker.
What to Expect with Dermaplaning
After your skin is cleaned and completely dry, it will be pulled taut. The scalpel then exfoliates your skin using short strokes. The process is usually completed in just minutes, and your skin will immediately look better.
While there is no downtime after your treatment, it will be important to be extra vigilant about protecting your skin from the sun. A single session of this treatment can remove weeks worth of built-up dead skin cells and dirt.
If you are someone who values having smooth, healthy-looking skin, book an appointment at True Skin Care Center in Chicago so that you can learn more information about dermaplaning. Contact us today to set up a consultation and get started!