If you’re like most people, one of your New Year’s resolutions is likely going to the gym, which is great because sweat releases toxins and helps to clear your pores. But, if you’re not proactive about a skin care routine, exercising can do some harm.
These simple steps will help you keep your fitness resolution AND keep your skin clear and glowing to match your fabulous body!
- Use disposable body wipes or herbal wet tissues right after your workout. This will help in removing access oil
- Always carry a towel to wipe your access sweat
- Avoid touching your face with your bare hands to keep out bacteria and acne
- Avoid wearing gym clothes after you shower – putting them back on could cause acne or other skin-related problems
- Skip the hot water in the shower and opt for more of a luke warm temperature – hot water will strip your skin of vital oils
- Wear a headband to pull your hair off your face. This will keep unwanted oils from clogging your pores
- Don’t apply makeup for the gym – allow your skin to breathe while you’re burning those calories otherwise your pores will clog
- Wash your hands before and after your workout
- Wipe off gym equipment before and after use
- Don’t use the same towel to wipe machines and your face
- Don’t go barefoot in the gym
- Wash your workout clothes after each use
Hope this helps!